Working remotely as a loan officer has never been easier, but if you want to be one of the best in the mortgage industry you’ll have to adjust your work habits and learn new skills to suit your home office and on-the-go needs.
Consequently, can a loan officer make six figures?
A new report released this week revealed that the majority of loan originators make $100,000 or more annually. This was one of the major takeaways from Mortgage Daily’s 2012 Loan Originator Survey, which included 175 originators (120 who completed ALL questions).
Hereof, do loan officers have a base salary?
Well, take note that most loan officers do not receive a base salary, only commission, so they are paid for performance.
Do loan officers work remote?
As a remote loan officer, you work from home to help a client search for and secure lending opportunities, such as a home mortgage or car loan.
To become a loan officer you don’t have to have any formal qualifications but there are several routes that people usually take to get a role in this industry. Either by completing a traineeship in Credit Management, or a degree in economics, commerce, accounting or any of the related fields.
Basic Mortgage Loan Originator Licensing Requirements
- Apply for an NMLS account and ID number. …
- Complete your mortgage Pre-license Education (“PE”).
- Pass a licensing exam.
- Apply for a license with the NMLS.
- Complete background checks and pay all fees.
- Associate your NMLS account with an employer.
Loan Officers made a median salary of $63,270 in 2019. The best-paid 25 percent made $92,960 that year, while the lowest-paid 25 percent made $44,840.
Mortgage Loan Officer Salary
|Annual Salary||Weekly Pay|
The loan amounts you close and your basis points are going to depend on where you work and where you’re located because it’s going to be tied to the average home sale price in your area. Overall, being a loan officer is a very rewarding career and has the potential to pay very well.
You deal with stress well. Like any job working with the public, the position of a loan officer can sometimes be stressful. If you can deal with that stress in a calm manner, your career as a loan officer is likely to be lucrative.
The Qualities of a Good Loan Officer
- Bring Expertise to Your Loan Process. Among a loan officer’s skills is expertise in the industry. …
- Tailor Loans to Your Personal and Financial Situation. …
- Possess Superior Customer Service Skills. …
- Provide Suggestions for Improving Qualifications. …
- Communicates Well With Involved Parties.
Detailed List Of Loan Officer Salaries By State