Registered nurses who work at least 32 hours a week at a qualified facility can get 60% of their student loans paid off over two years of employment. Borrowers have the option of getting an additional 25% of their loans paid off by the Nurse Corps program for a third year. Applications are only accepted once a year.
In this way, can I get my Canada Student Loan forgiven?
If you complete five years of employment, all or a percentage of your B.C. student loan debt will be forgiven. While you are in the loan forgiveness program, the Province will also pay any outstanding interest that accumulates during each year you are registered in the program.
Beside this, how can a nurse make extra money from home?
The Top 7 Side Hustles for Nurses Wanting to Make Extra Money
- Blogging and Healthcare Writing. Do you enjoy writing? …
- Pick Up Per Diem Shifts. Per diem shifts allow you to pick up shifts when and where you want. …
- Sell Your Scrubs. …
- Start Your Own Store. …
- Become a CPR Instructor. …
- Seasonal Flu Clinics. …
- Obtain a Certification.
How can I reduce my student loan debt?
Top Six Ways to Reduce What You Owe
- Practice smart borrowing.
- Understand interest and capitalization.
- Save money by making payments while you’re in school.
- Use Auto Pay and save money.
- Pay more than your scheduled monthly payment.
- Stay connected to help reduce what you owe.
When you miss 9 months of payments, your federal student loan is sent to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for collection. Once in collection, you are no longer able to get student aid. To be able to get student aid again, you must bring your loan up to date.
» MORE: How many Americans have student loan debt? Graduate nursing students expect to finish school with a median debt between $40,000 and $54,999, according to a 2017 report by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing. This aligns with the $47,321 average nursing student debt found via College Scorecard data.