Student Loan Payment Options
You have various options for making payments on your private student education loan, including paying online, by phone or mail, or at a Wells Fargo banking location.
Beside this, do Wells Fargo student loans accrue interest while school?
Interest will accrue on your loans while you’re in college, but you aren’t required to make payments during this time. Wells Fargo loans for parents are the exception—the repayment period begins immediately for parent student loans.
Moreover, how can I pay off my Wells Fargo loan?
Pay off loan by mail
- Make your check or money order payable to Wells Fargo Auto.
- Write “Payoff” on the memo line of the check or money order, and include your 10-digit account number or 17-digit vehicle identification number (VIN).
- Mail your payoff to: Wells Fargo Auto. PO Box 17900. Denver, CO 80217-0900.
How do I check my Wells Fargo student loan balance?
The current principal balance is not your payoff balance. To get your payoff balance, call 1-800-658-3567 to speak with a representative. Since interest on the loan(s) accrues daily, you will need to provide the exact date when Wells Fargo will receive your payment (this will be your payoff date).
Mail, phone, or in person
- Mail your payment: Wells Fargo Education Financial Services. P.O. Box 10365. …
- Make a payment by phone: To make a payment over the phone you can call us at 1-800-658-3567. …
- Make a payment in person: If it’s more convenient, you can also bring your payment to any Wells Fargo banking location.
There are many ways that you can make payments:
- Sign on to Wells Fargo Online® to make a one-time or set up recurring payments.
- Set up automatic payments from your checking or savings account using Wells Fargo Online.
- Pay in person at your local Wells Fargo branch.
- Call us to pay by phone.
We are now accepting PPP loan forgiveness applications for most loans originated in 2020 and 2021. When your loan is eligible, you will receive an email invitation and a link to the forgiveness application will be available through Wells Fargo Business Online®, or the Commercial Electronic Office® (CEO®).
Wells Fargo no longer offers private student loans or student loan consolidation. Wells Fargo has exited the student loan business. Our private student loans are being transitioned to a new loan holder and repayment will be managed by a new loan servicer, Firstmark Services, a division of Nelnet.
Wells Fargo stopped taking applications for private student loans and loan consolidations on Jan. 28, 2021. But the financial services company began exiting the student loan business in June 2020, partly because of COVID-19 disruption. That month, Wells Fargo said that it was narrowing its student loan focus.