- Hse # 47,3rd Crescent Asylum Down – Accra.
- [email protected]
- +233 (0)302 231 886.
- +233 (0) 302231873.
- Mon – Fri : 8:00 AM – 17:00 PM.
Consequently, does Ssnit give student loan?
SSNIT has since 2006/2007 academic year stopped granting loans to fresh students. … However SSNIT still continues to grant loans of GH¢400.00 per year to continuing students who were loan beneficiaries before 2006/2007 academic year (i.e. students undertaking long duration courses eg.
Also to know is, how can I increase my student loan amount?
If you are a dependent student for financial aid purposes, and your parent wishes to request a PLUS (parent) Loan, or wishes to request a PLUS loan increase, he/she should submit a Federal PLUS loan request form to the Financial Aid Office.
How can I pay my student loans off?
9 ways to pay off your student loans fast
- Make additional payments.
- Establish a college repayment fund.
- Start early with a part-time job in college.
- Stick to a budget.
- Consider refinancing.
- Apply for loan forgiveness.
- Lower your interest rate through discounts.
- Take advantage of tax deductions.
- Cash or Cheque repayment (Outright or by instalment) at SLTF Head Office.
- Cheque repayment at SLTF Zonal Offices.
- Mandated monthly deduction from the borrower’s salary by employer.
- You can also make payment at any branch of the following partner banks quoting clearly you SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS:
Use the National Student Loan Data System
To find your current federal student loan balance, you can use the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), a database run by the Department of Education. When you enroll into a college or university, the school’s administration will send your loan information to the NSLDS.
Student loans are paid in three instalments, but the exact day you’ll get them depends on your term start date. If your course starts this month in September, you’ll most likely receive your payments in September, January and then April.
There are four types of federal student loans available:
- Direct subsidized loans.
- Direct unsubsidized loans.
- Direct PLUS loans.
- Direct consolidation loans.
Most providers require you to have:
- SA green barcoded ID.
- Proof of residence.
- Proof of registration from an educational institution.
- Latest payslip of the person standing surety.
- Three months bank statements.
- Proof of university costs.
The average student loan debt for recent college graduates is nearly $30,000, according to U.S News data. Sept. 14, 2021, at 9:00 a.m. College graduates from the class of 2020 who took out student loans borrowed $29,927 on average, according to data reported to U.S. News in its annual survey.
Undergraduates can borrow up to $12,500 annually and $57,500 total in federal student loans. Graduate students can borrow up to $20,500 annually and $138,500 total.
Eligibility for Grants
The odds of receiving a federal grant decrease with increasing income, as shown in this chart. As noted above, a family with two or more children in college may qualify for a Federal Pell Grant because the parent contribution is divided by the number of children in college.
You can request a general forbearance if you are temporarily unable to make your scheduled monthly loan payments for the following reasons: Financial difficulties. Medical expenses. Change in employment.