Other Ways to Contact Us
- Send Us an Email. Send us your inquiry by email and we will get back to you within two business days. Email Us.
- Call Us. 1-888-815-4514. Outside of North America? 800-2-225-2501. TTY: 1-888-815-4556.
- Mail. Please address any mail to: National Student Loans Service Centre. P.O. Box 4030. Mississauga ON.
Likewise, can you go to jail over student loans?
Can You Go to Jail for Not Paying Student Loan Debt? You can’t be arrested or sentenced to time behind bars for not paying student loan debt because student loans are considered “civil” debts. This type of debt includes credit card debt and medical bills, and can’t result in an arrest or jail sentence.
One may also ask, how do I check the status of my student loan?
- Your student loan amounts and balances.
- Your loan servicer(s) and their contact information.
- Your interest rates.
- Your current loan status (in repayment, in default, etc.)
How do I deal with old student loans?
Ways To Pay Down Or Eliminate Your Student Loan Debt
- Qualify For A Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Program.
- Find State Assistance For Your Student Loans.
- Find Out If Your Employer Offers Tuition Reimbursement.
- Consolidate Your Federal Student Loans.
- Find A Repayment Plan That Matches Your Ability To Pay.
Help: How To Find Your Loan Number. Your 10-digit loan account number is printed in two areas on your monthly statement. The first location is at the top center of the statement in the area marked Account Number. The second location is on the tear off payment coupon on the right side above the due date.
1-800-561-1818 (Toll-free from within Canada and the US) + 1-778-309-4621 (From outside North America)
You have two identifiers: an overall account number, and a loan number for each loan you have with us. … Your individual loan numbers, which are each 16 digits long, are not shown in your online profile. However, both your account and your loan numbers appear on your monthly statements.
Let your lender know if you may have problems repaying your student loan. Failing to pay your student loan within 90 days classifies the debt as delinquent, which means your credit rating will take a hit. After 270 days, the student loan is in default and may then be transferred to a collection agency to recover.
On your account page, the first 5 digits next to the name of your account are the transit (branch) number and the last 7–12 digits are your account number. Additionally, your account information may be found on your monthly statements or on your profile page.
By mail: Fill out an OSAP Website: Forgot Password and/or OSAP Access Number form, which you can print from the OSAP public website. Once your request has been processed, you will be mailed a letter containing your OAN.
Enter your 7 digit loan account number.
This can be found on the upper right hand corner of any correspondence letters you received from the National Student Loans Service Centre. If you’re unsure of your loan account number contact the National Student Loans Service Centre.
call the Federal Student Aid Information Center (FSAIC) at 1-800-433-3243.
Toll-free: 1-800-387-5604 (in Canada) TTY : 416-327-3851.