The board has developed different modes of payment to ease the process of loan repayment. For instance, bankers cheque, cash deposit to HELB collection, and the most common one paying using Mpesa.
Regarding this, are HESC loans federal or private?
Higher Education Servicing Corporation (HESC) was established in 1978 as a private, non-profit organization developed to provide life-of-loan servicing for student loan programs that help ensure students and families have access to higher education.
Subsequently, how do I check my loan balance?
All you need to do is login to your net banking portal and go to the loans section. Here you can apply, check or know the balance on the loan you apply.
How do I clear my HELB loan?
HELB clearance process for loan beneficiaries
- Open your Mpesa Menu, Lipa na Mpesa, then select Pay Bill.
- Key in the business number 200800.
- When asked your account number, type your ID number, then enter the amount you wish to pay.
- Enter your PIN, approve the deal, then send.
Call 888-538-7378 toll-free between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday.
How to Get Your HESLB Loan Statement
- You will see two users i.e Beneficiary and Employees so you have to click on Beneficiary / Loanee / Employees Login.
- Then you will see Beneficiary Self Registration where you required to type your form four index number so as you can register and login in the system.
Local Repayment Methods
- Select pay bill option.
- Enter HELB business number as 200800.
- Enter your national ID number as your account number.
- Enter amount you want to pay.
- Enter your secret PIN number.
- Confirm transaction and send.
Here are the steps to follow;
- You’ll have to Download Helb Loan Recovery Enquiry form.
- Fill the form appropriately.
- Get your bank details especially from your ATM.
- Scan both your ATM and filled in Helb Loan Recovery form.
- Prepare an email asking for a refund and attach the scanned copies.
- Send to [email protected].
Noun. hESC (plural hESCs) (biology) Abbreviation of human Embryonic Stem Cell.
Embryonic stem cells (ESCs) are found in the inner cell mass of the human blastocyst, an early stage of the developing embryo lasting from the 4th to 7th day after fertilization. … ESCs growing in this undifferentiated state retain the potential to differentiate into cells of all three embryonic tissue layers.
There is a Kshs. 1500 minimum amount that you can pay per month to avoid the penalties. This is not much if you think about it. You can even make way past this amount by making a weekly payment.
The Higher Education Loans Board has announced that first-year students admitted to universities this year will get their first disbursement of student loans in October. Helb CEO Charles Ringera said already 10,000 state-sponsored students have received their first disbursement.