There are several career fields that are natural transitions for someone in the mortgage industry.
- Real Estate Professional. Working as a real estate professional is a natural fit for someone from the mortgage industry. …
- Insurance Agent. …
- Banking and Accounting. …
- Appraisal and Inspection.
Similarly one may ask, can you make millions as a loan officer?
Pitching government loans, top mortgage officers can make millions a year, according to Jim Cameron, senior partner at Stratmor Group, a mortgage industry advisory firm. Brian Decker works at LoanDepot in Riverside County, Calif., where he sold more than $200 million worth of home loans last year.
Accordingly, do loan officers make good money?
Loan Officers made a median salary of $63,270 in 2019. The best-paid 25 percent made $92,960 that year, while the lowest-paid 25 percent made $44,840.
Do loan officers work from home?
Loan Officers work from home more in today’s work environment than ever before. … This will set you up for a fulfilling career as a remote loan officer. In today’s day and age, working from home is becoming more acceptable. In 2021, 55% of companies offer work from home options.
Do you need a degree to be a loan officer?
Firstly, there are Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO) and Mortgage Loan Officers.
How do I become a successful loan officer?
What Makes a Good Loan Officer?
- Transparency – They are transparent with customers. …
- Passionate – They are passionate about what they do. …
- Measured & Data Driven – They measure all of their data and information- great loan officers understand that nothing can be improved if it is not first measured.
How do loan officers get paid?
Loan officers are paid either “on the front,” “on the back,” or some combination of the two. “On the front” refers to charges you can see, such as for processing your loan, often called settlement costs. You can pay these fees either out of pocket when you sign the papers or by incorporating them into the loan.
How hard is it to get a loan officer job?
Becoming a loan officer in California is not as hard as it sounds when you follow the right steps and remain focused on your goals. You will soon embark on a rewarding journey that marks the start of an exciting career. Depending on your dedication, you can meet the prelicensing requirements within a few months.
Is being a loan officer a good career?
The loan amounts you close and your basis points are going to depend on where you work and where you’re located because it’s going to be tied to the average home sale price in your area. Overall, being a loan officer is a very rewarding career and has the potential to pay very well.
Is being a mortgage loan officer stressful?
You deal with stress well. Like any job working with the public, the position of a loan officer can sometimes be stressful. If you can deal with that stress in a calm manner, your career as a loan officer is likely to be lucrative.
What are qualities of a good loan officer?
The Qualities of a Good Loan Officer
- Bring Expertise to Your Loan Process. Among a loan officer’s skills is expertise in the industry. …
- Tailor Loans to Your Personal and Financial Situation. …
- Possess Superior Customer Service Skills. …
- Provide Suggestions for Improving Qualifications. …
- Communicates Well With Involved Parties.
What is the average age of a mortgage loan officer?
Today, the average age of Loan Originators is between 46 and 47, which is about four years older than the US workforce overall. More importantly, opportunities for Loan Officers are expected to grow at about 11 percent between now and 2026 – more than 50 percent faster than the growth for all occupations.
What jobs can a loan officer get?
Careers for Loan Officers
- Commercial lenders.
- Commercial loan officers.
- Consumer loan officers.
- Counselors, loan.
- Loan authorizers.
- Loan collection officers.
- Loan underwriters.
- Mortgage bankers.